Australia is one of the most visited countries in the world, with nearly 10 million visitors in 2019. People are attracted to the adrenaline rush that the Outback offers or the majesty of the Great Barrier Reef. You go to the big cities like Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane and marvel at the perfect blend between concrete and metal with the trees and blooms. You can really see that urban planners know the importance of green spaces to balance modernity.
Go inside restaurants and coffee shops, and you will likely see huge framed photographs or art pieces. You may even spot a copy of the masters in one of the establishments. What you probably do not know is that a lot of them are canvas prints. These are images directly printed onto the canvas to accurately replicate the original painting or print. Australian service providers specialise in producing canvas prints Australia can offer at very affordable prices.
What is a Canvas Print?
A canvas print is sometimes mistaken for a canvas painting, but they are not the same. The process involves printing a picture on canvas from an inkjet printer. However, instead of using a photo paper, the supplier uses canvas. The buyer can choose whether or not to frame the canvas print or choose a frameless border. For frameless prints, the supplier will wrap the canvas around the bars to secure and protect them from dust and scratches.
Here are the main advantages of choosing canvas prints for your wall décor:
- They last longer than framed prints.
- They are versatile, so you can hang them anywhere without the print seemingly out of place.
- They are durable, although a bit more expensive than photo print.
- They have that classic or timeless look.
- The protective coating makes the canvas easy to clean.
- Canvas prints produce much brighter colours.
- You can print large images, as some suppliers offer custom sizes. You can hang one at the lobby of your hotel for maximum impact.
Although they are not necessarily waterproof, you can ask the supplier for water-resistant canvas prints in Australia, which allows you to hang them on moisture-rich areas like the bathroom, den, or kitchen.
Things to Consider Before Ordering Your Canvas Print
Before making that call, make sure that you have carefully considered where the print will be displayed. As already mentioned, you need a water-resistant canvas for moisture-rich environments.
Here are other things to consider, as well:
- Your image must have a high-resolution. It will ensure that the image will retain its quality when the service provider blows up the raw file. The bigger the image, the higher the dots per inch (dpi) should be.
- You may have the best image in mind, but it would be useless if the print quality is subpar. Always look at the portfolio of the service provider and read the customer testimonies before contacting the supplier.
- Frame vs. frameless. You also need to decide whether you want a framed image or a frameless print. An unframed canvas, for instance, looks elegant and minimalist. It works well for a modern home. Meanwhile, the framed canvas gives off that timeless and classic look.
Finally, make sure the service provider has both the experience, the expertise, and equipment to handle the diversity of orders. They should be able to deliver even the most eccentric requirements of the customer.
Image Credits: frdm