There isn’t much you can’t buy on the Internet and thanks to the pandemic, the majority of consumers have made the switch to online shopping, which offers many benefits. The lowest prices for brand name products are found at the online supplier and if you thought health isn’t included, think again, as there are many ways that you can boost your health with online products.
Here are a few examples:
- Organic Farm Produce – There are many small organic farms and they all have a website, where you can order from a wide range of fresh fruit and veg. Free delivery is common and a Google search is all it takes to source a local organic farm and you can support your community. Once a week will ensure that you always have organic fruit and veg in your fridge and this is an essential aspect of a balanced diet.
- Fruit Juice Powder – The delicious fruit powder from Jooze Juice contains all the nutrients of the fruit, simply add cold water for a healthy and very refreshing fruit drink. They have lots of amazing flavours and this means you can quit drinking soda which is not good for any of us and the sachets are ready when you are! The special ‘freeze dry’ process ensure that all the vitamins and minerals are contained in the powder; add water to create an instant real fruit drink.
- Health Supplements – There are many online health food & supplement stores, where you can find natural elements that are known to promote good health & well-being. Those aged 50 and over are advised to take a daily multi-vitamin, indeed, people of all ages can take these supplements. This is even more important when a person does not have the healthiest diet, as essential minerals and vitamins might be lacking. You could have an online consultation with an herbal nutritionist and they can recommend natural things to boost your health & well-being. On the topic of health, here are a few tips for finding a personal trainer online.
- Herbs & Spices – It matters not the cuisine, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese; everything you need can be found at an e-commerce platform; you might be planning a special Thai meal as a surprise for your partner and fresh lemongrass and spices can be ordered with a few mouse clicks. Special packaging ensures top quality and a motorcycle courier in Bangkok can deliver in a short time. Herbal medicine is a fast-growing sector, as many people are disillusioned with western medicine and you can source absolutely everything online!
- Fitness Equipment – Why not design your very own home gym? There are companies that will design, supply and install state-of-the-art fitness equipment and once you have your own gym, there’s no excuse and your fitness level will soar. The pandemic saw sales of weight training and sports equipment surge, as many stopped going to the gym and invested in a home solution. Of course, you don’t have to go all in in a single stage, acquire equipment when you can afford it and before long, you’ll have everything you need and you can finally say goodbye to gym subscriptions. People who work from home prefer to work out at home also, which makes life very convenient and you will always be in great shape!
- Sports Equipment – We should all be playing sports and whatever it is that you need, the online supplier has you covered. From baseball bats to snooker cues and MMA gear, it’s all available online and at the lowest prices! The online store doesn’t have the huge overheads of a traditional retail store and can therefore cut their price considerably, giving you the best deals. You might like to take up fishing, which has an air of tranquillity about it, or take that scuba diving course you’ve been thinking about. If the fitness equipment needs special installation, the supplier has you covered.
- Healthcare – A wide sector, telehealth is the new buzzword, which means delivering medical services via the Internet; doctors have virtual consultations with their patients via video calls, while mental health counsellors now offer online therapy. Gyms and fitness centres are offering virtual classes and you can hire a virtual personal trainer, who is with you every step of the way. You can consult a physio via a Zoom call, which is really convenient and there are many other medical services that can be delivered online.
We are truly living in a digital world and with the arrival of 5G and the Internet of Things, who knows what the future holds? Artificial intelligence (AI) will be a real game-changer in so many ways and many of these will be beneficial to our health.
Image Credits: Kelly Sikkema