Did you know London has often been ranked as the city with the highest tourist footfall in the world? And for a good reason too! London has culture, history, and elegance in every corner. Moreover, given the high living standards and ample employment opportunities, London is now the meeting point for all cultures across the world.
The cherry on the cake is London has been a birthplace for sports such as Polo, Cricket, etc. Moreover, London boasts of impressive football stadiums and cricket stadiums among its other grand playgrounds.
London is no stranger to a sports lover, and if you want to relax and enjoy the best games ranging from football to baseball, then London offers infinite options.
So, in this article, we have a sport-themed itinerary ready for when you visit The Big Smoke:
- The Nitto ATP Finals 2019 would be hosted in London at the O2 entertainment venue. Other than this, the venue has also lined up bowling and trampolining sports events to cater to the fans of the mentioned games.
- The Wembley Stadium is an absolute must-visit for sports fans as well as party-goers. This venue has been set up to host the NFL London Games 2019 as well as the FA cup final and the coral cup final. This stadium has witnessed the rise and fall of all the major star players and if you are a fan trying to get tickets for an event held at this venue then you should try to book tickets well in advance. The UEFA EURO 2020 has also been scheduled to be held here. For more information, do visit website.
- Events at the Natural History Museum Ice Rink are an absolute beauty to behold. Surrounded by the majestic beauty of vintage-era architecture and picturesque cafes, you could use this event to further take-in the British colonial-era heritage.
- Olympic Park: London Stadium is a historic place where major sports and athletics have been held. In 2012, the Olympic games, as well as The Paralympic Games, were held here with amazing festivity and show. For sports fans and adrenaline junkies, this place is a shrine and a must-visit. You simply have to witness the energy of these grounds at least once in your life.
- All star lanes white city is a bowling alley in North London where you could relax while soaking in the 1950s old-world vibe with an authentic retro ambiance. It stays open from noon to midnight almost every day and is very famous in the city for its heritage.
- The Lords and Oval are two very prominent stadia situated in London. Any true cricket lover doesn’t need an introduction of the legendary Lords stadium. You could take an organized tour of both the stadia. The Oval was the first stadium to host a Test cricket match in the September of 1880. Final matches of prominent leagues take place in Oval and cricket is the most popular sport in London, right after football.
Thus there are many places to visit in London for a sporting event and you have a high chance of encountering one sport at least no matter what time of the year you have gone to visit London. Besides sporting events, you could also find various tourist spots scattered all over London like the Big Wheel, Big Ben, Hyde Park or even the Buckingham Palace where the Queen of England resides.
Thus if you ever get bored with sports, there are many tourist spots to visit and you would take well over 2 days to properly visit them all. Thus London is a great spot for tourists and the city has a lot to offer to the people of all countries.