Wheatus are back out on tour in the UK and Europe celebrating their 15th anniversary!
In 2014 I sat in front of the crowd barrier at the concert with my DSLR on October 14th in Liverpool at the Arts Club, now seems like the perfect time to publish the photographs to promote this year’s tour, though narrowing it down from 200 photos was a tall order. The concert featured Late Cambrian, Gabrielle Sterbenz, and MC Frontalot performing before Wheatus, the night was without a doubt the best show I’ve ever been to, needless to say, I’m really excited for this year’s tour.
Ticket information follows after the photographs.
Late Cambrian’s dreamy and surreal performance was powerful and full of energy, without a doubt one of the greatest live acts I’ve ever seen; not surprising why they were touring with Wheatus and MC Frontalot. Late Cambrian exuded a youthful and bouncy energy throughout their slot, playing a medley of songs from their discography.
Gabby Sterbenz has an almost shoegaze introspective aesthetic to her songs with fairly minimal guitar on most of her songs. Gabby used a pre-recorded backing track for several songs to great effect, very much to the same degree that Corn Mo manages with his performances away from .357 Lover.
MC Frontalot and Miss Eaves
MC Frontalot is the embodiment of the internet itself, and a few years ago when I first saw him I thought he was more or a caricature of what being a geek was — though several years later to a great extent I’ve grown up to be what MC Frontalot represents. MC Frontalot was joined by a fellow emcee Miss Eaves providing Liverpool with fun, fresh nerdcore hip-hop, taking a momentary jab at the NSA and CIA.
Despite BBB being somewhat unwell before the show, Wheatus played a stunning set with the go-to classics interspersed between material from their latest records, also throwing in unexpected covers of Rush’s The Trees and Green Day’s Basket Case.
MC Frontalot and Miss Eaves joined Wheatus on stage during the bridge of Teenage Dirtbag for an ultra sassy delivery of the live-exclusive bridge MC Frontalot has been performing with Wheatus for the past few years.
I think Brendan needs to get the crew together to rerecord Teenage Dirtbag with all the new additions, after fifteen years I think that Wheatus are more than capable of revisiting Dirtbag and bettering the original recording, hearing it live is a real treat.
Wheatus achieves something that not many bands find success with, combining multiple, occasionally contrasting genres on the same tour, with rock and hip-hop, and the almost folk Gabby Sterbenz.
Wheatus 15th Anniversary 2015 Tour Dates
It’s amazing to think that after fifteen years we can all cram into a venue and enjoy songs spanning so many years; Wheatus is a timeless band, and terrifically fun to watch, there’s a great chemistry between them all, and it’s very obvious that they take great delight in playing both old and new songs for their fans.
- September 19th – The Scene Club, Swansea
- September 20th – Thekla, Bristol
- September 21st – The Horn, St. Albans
- September 22nd – Guildhall, Gloucester
- September 23rd – Ucheldre Centre, Holyhead
- September 25th – Limelight 2, Belfast
- September 26th – Fusion, Drogheda, LOU
- September 28th – Whelans, Dublin
- September 29th – Key Club, Leeds
- September 30th – Academy 3, Manchester
- October 1st – O2 ABC2, Glasgow
- October 2nd – The Tunnels, Aberdeen
- October 3rd – O2 Academy 2, Newcastle upon Tyne
- October 4th – Corporation, Sheffield
- October 5th – The Rescue Rooms, Nottingham
- October 6th – O2 Academy 2, Birmingham
- October 7th – The Talking Heads, Southampton
- October 8th – Electric Ballroom, London
- October 9th – The Boileroom, Guildford
- October 10th – The Square, Harlow
- October 11th – Waterfront, Norwich
- October 12th – Komedia, Brighton
- October 14th – Studio 627, Cologne
- October 15th – Strom, Munich
- October 16th – Konzerthaus Schüür Luzern, Luzern
- October 17th – Kulturfabrik Kofmehl, Solothurn
- October 18th – Backstage By The Mill, Paris, IDF
- October 19th – JC De Klinker, Aarschot
- October 22nd – Loveshack, Durham
- October 23rd – The Engine Shed, Lincoln
- October 24th – The Crauford Arms, Milton Keynes
The tickets have sold out for several shows already, so make sure you buy your Wheatus tickets here as soon as possible!